Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W

idata
Employee

I have an old asrock 775i65g mother board using a celeron D 3.2ghz processer and I want to use a Intel e6300 wolfdale 2.8ghz 2mb Lc cache Lga 775 65w dual-core processor this board can use the FSB1066-CPU such as this one if I use DDR400 CL2.5 memory module can get this out dated ram cheap (I realize this is old but I got a free AGP 512mb video card and no new mother boards hardly have AGP) my manual does state it supports Dual Core Pentium

Looks like this is going to work for my system I was just wondering though is it even wroth upgraded the processor in this older system will i see any improvement in my system and what kind of speeds can i get with ddr400 ram with timings of 2.5-3-3-6 with this processor Thanks

3 Replies
Johnny_Y_Intel
Employee

Nedd to check with Asrock first to confirm Pentium E6300 is supported, you old board is quite too old and might not support new processor

And if it supports, then performance should be much better than Celeron D processor

idata
Employee

That motherboard is not worthy of an upgrade. I say, wait and buy a new computer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Accoring to ASRock, you could have a 65nm Core2 e.g. E6700 or Q6600.

The Wolfdale is 45nm so isn't supported, it might work however, you jsut need to try in that case.

They say that you have to overclock the FSB to support the 1066 FSB chips and you need DDR400 RAM for it to work.

It's upto you to decide if it's worth it.

0 Kudos