3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 2:16 PM by jonathan_intel

mSATA (AHCI) SSD 36GB is incompatible and unknown

kmmaier

ISSUE: mSATA (AHCI) SSD 36GB is marked in IRST as STATUS:  incompatible an USE: unknow

Computer Dell XPS 8700

OS-History: W8 -> W1.8 -> W10

all of this change the SSD is working correctly.

The Boot-Time was ok.

Then after a RESET W10 the Boot-Time has increased to about 3min.

Now i was searching for this cause and found this ISSUE with IRST.

Remark:

The SSD will not be show at DISK-Mangagment, i think this is wrong.

Also not show at DIVICE-Manager this could be ok, because the SSD is used as cache.

In the BIOS there is the SSD available.

What can i do for resuscitation my SSD and Boot-Time decrease ?

Any Help is welcome.

Manfred

• 1. Re: mSATA (AHCI) SSD 36GB is incompatible and unknow
          jonathan_intel

Hello kmmaier,

Since the SSD is shown in BIOS, but is not detected as compabible for caching, there may be an issue with the configuration of Intel® Smart Response Technology, or it may be a problem in the drive.

- Have you tried disabling Smart response and check if the SSD is usable as a standard drive?

- If necessary, you can try doing a Secure Erase of the drive then check if it works as cache drive after that.

- Another option you could try is to redo the configuration for Intel® Smart Response Technology. Here is the link to the User Guide in case you need it for reference: http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide_3.pdf

Please take into consideration that Intel® Smart Response Technology is a feature of the chipset. If you require further assistance for it, please post a new thread in Chipsets

• 2. Re: mSATA (AHCI) SSD 36GB is incompatible and unknow
            kmmaier

Hallo jonathan_intel,

thanks for your fast respons.

- Have you tried disabling Smart response and check if the SSD is usable as a standard drive?

NO how do that ?

- If necessary, you can try doing a Secure Erase of the drive then check if it works as cache drive after that.

How do that ?

- Another option you could try is to redo the configuration for Intel® Smart Response Technology. Here is the link to the User Guide in case you need it for reference:

I have do a view in the the reference Document but my IRST-Prog looks like more differnce, see the 3 picture attchments.

Also the IRST System-Report is attached.

SSD-Problem_1.jpgSSD-Problem_2.jpgSSD-Problem_3.jpg

Regards

Mamfred

• 3. Re: mSATA (AHCI) SSD 36GB is incompatible and unknown
              jonathan_intel

Hello,

We noticed that the SSD you are using is from a 3rd party vendor. If you need to perform a Secure Erase on the drive, we would advise you to contact the manufacturer so they can advise you on their recommended methods.

Also, we are forwarding this thread to the Chipset forums, so you can get additional assistance about configuration for Intel® Smart Response Technology.