Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I keep getting this error message: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display driver Intel HD graphics drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." How can I stop this from displaying?

JGreg2
Beginner

I keep getting this error message: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display driver Intel HD graphics drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." How can I stop this from displaying?

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 5000 series.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ACast21
Beginner

I have the same problem since I bought my laptop some weeks ago. It happens every time I use it, for instance when running Mozilla Firefox. Here you find more details about my laptop:

HP 450 G3 Intel Core i5-6200U CPU 64bits Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics 520.

I tried to download more updated drivers but it does not work. Apparently there is no driver for Intel HD Graphics 520 for Windows 10. Is it that possible?

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Maybe try the most recent beta? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

0 Kudos
ACast21
Beginner

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately this driver does not work either. I get the following error message: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver for your computer."

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Odd, Intel HD Graphics 520 is listed as one of the GPUs this driver applies to. Did you choose the 64 bit package? Does your computer have dual GPUs?

I suggest you uninstall the current driver first, then try installing the new one. Troubleshooting guide here:

0 Kudos
ACast21
Beginner

Thanks! It worked installing first the driver. Now I have installed the one you recommended me. I hope this beta version works better. Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Glad to help. Lets hope it works well. But keep in mind, it is a beta after all. Which means they're not done testing it widely enough to confirm it stable/ "relatively bug-free" yet.

For now, I'd advice doing manual driver updates if you encounter an issue. The Intel Driver Update Utility is still lacking too many device entries, and identifying/matching your hardware can be a bit hit & miss. I am sure it will evolve, but for now don't rely solely on that for driver updates.

0 Kudos
JGreg2
Beginner

Thanks for the information pr0xzen. Can you advise me on how to do a manual driver update?

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

ungatoverde : If you see a few posts up, I've linked to "Graphics Driver Installation problems". Part 4 in that document covers manual installation.

JonathanGregory01 : If your issue for this thread was solved, please mark it as "Solved". It makes it easier for other community users to find related threads where their issue was actually remedied.

EDIT: Corrected name-tag mixup.

Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
ACast21
Beginner

Dear pr0xzen

Sorry I am new in the forum. Could you tell me where/how can I marked the issue as solved since I did not initiated it?

Regards

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

My apologies, I got the name tags mixed up in my previous reply. Corrected.

0 Kudos