Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

intel 4600 graphics prevent proper use nvidia 770m

idata
Employee

so, this is less of a question than i complaint i guess, because the "solutions" consist of updating drives and all my drivers are up to date.

since i have had windows 10, my 4600 integrate graphics interfere with everything i do, from playing games, installing drivers, uninstalling drivers, and even windows 10 computer repair. and there is ZERO reason to use this crappy tacked on 4600 module, because i bothered to pay for a real graphics card.

if i disable the graphics from device manager, it crashes my computer (no big surprise, everything i touch, web pages opening now crash my computer). but then after BSOD and reboot, it claims to be disabled, but it actually disables my nvidia card, not the useless intel graphics. i can install nvidia drivers even, but the nvida control panel thinks i have not attached graphics card.

re-enable, crash some more, read 10000000 articles online about how intel graphics have broken EVERYONE'S computer since they were introduced and how it renders virtually all laptops unable to use add on graphics in windows 10.

uninstall and reinstall nivida driver yet again, more crashing, more "drive power state error" caused my intel graphics. now intel graphic even prevent me from using nvidia control panel, the only 3d setting available are the non-setting in the intel managments console.

and then i spend like 4 hours trying to make an "account" to be able to ask questions, and get stuck in an infinite loop where i have to verify me email address over and over, and cant make a new account because "that email is already in use" but it also "cant find an account associated with that email".

so, UP YOURS INTEL! your integrated graphics have turned my 1500$ gaming laptop into a typewriter. and you have zero interest in doing anything about it, because we have no choice but to have our computer ruined by intel, probably because some useless manager is married to the right or wrong person and now no-one will fire the asshole who has destroyed laptop gaming for the entire plant.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

i am so angry my title doesn't make sense, and i cant edit it, nor can i edit my comments (jesus christ intel). i meant to say i cannot use add on graphics

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ah, the edit button underneath the useless popup dialog asking if i want it to not pop up. this is very nearly the worst designed support website i have ever seen

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello IntelGraphicsRuinPCs,

I understand your situation, I would like to assist you with this matter even though you stated that this post is more like a feedback, if you would to be assisted could you please fill out the following form and post it here, make sure to follow closely all the instructions in order to narrow the issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

random BSOD/your computer ran into a problem/ screen freeze reinstalling intel drive causes Nvidia card to become unrecognizable to nvidia drivers

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

100%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

msi GT70-oc

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

stupid fucking switchable graphics, the very worst kind, and completely idiotic (why would i want to switch to inferior graphics on a 10lb laptop that is plugged in all the time?)

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP=screen from laptop

EFP=panasonic TV, Benq projector

<span style="font-weight: inherit; font-style: inh...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

it took me 4 hours and 2 fresh installs of windows to get this information. i also have a great many .dmp files, but you do not provide any way to upload them,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

my computer runs fine if i prevent automatic downloads of the intel drivers (by NEVER CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET EVER, so clearly this is not acceptable). so even generic drivers are better than intel drivers. however, the nvidia installer cannot recognize the card without intel drivers installed.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Let me investigate this based on the information added, I will updating this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your patience, I'm still investigating your case, as soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

so you dont seem to be taking this very seriously amy. neither does your company. i just tried to install this : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-28-4332- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8.1* [15.36.28.4332], which EXPLICITLY SAYS THIS DRIVERS IS VALID FOR I7 4700MQ cannot be installed. it says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software.".

WTF amy? like i said, you have destroyed my laptop, costing me well over 1000$. i think you own me some answers.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

That message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer, however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows...., these instructions should work on Windows® 10.

I have been running some tests based on your information and everything works fine from our end, maybe you could try updating your the Nvidia version to this version http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/96885 Drivers | GeForce and try to install the latest version from our site following the instructions mentioned above.

Have you tried contacting MSI in regard to this matter?

Regards.

0 Kudos