Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000 issue - Screen Distortion & Discoloration - Any Suggestions?

DBari1
Beginner

I'm getting pretty frustrated with my wonky display, so if anyone has a suggestion to help me, you'll have my undying gratitude and virtual chocolate-chip cookies in thanks! 🙂 And if that's not enough for you there's always my firstborn child.

So, the Problem:

My display has bright, horizontal magenta lines across the top of the screen. The longer my computer is on, the more the problem grows; more lines appear, they get thicker, and brighter, and they go further down the screen until the top third of the screen is barely visible through the distortion.

By then, there are also vertical lines along the right-hand (my right, the monitor's left) side of the screen - though that appears more as a smear of colour, which extends further at the bottom of the screen than it does at the top. If the computer is left on too long, the entire screen is distorted, and the only way to fix it is to shut down the computer and let it rest for a bit before turning it back on.

My (rather slipshod) Temporary Solution:

Adjusting the display settings (colour, saturation, brightness, hue, etc.) minimized the problem, but the adjustments took a lot of colour and brightness out of the display; it's very muted and dull now, and it's harder to see things on the screen. Not to mention, the distortion is still there; it's just minimal (relegated to the very top of the screen and only extending about a half an inch down), and not very bright or visible anymore - rather than bright, magenta lines, it just looks like simple distortion.

Is there any way to fix this? I'll post the graphics card info below. While I recently upgraded to Windows 10, this problem was occurring for a few months before that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

System Information:

Processor Graphics Information:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000 | Video BIOS: 2111.0 | Current Graphics Mode: 1680 by 1050

Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000:

Driver Version: 9.17.10.4229 | Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version (10.0.10586) | DirectX* Version: 11.0 |Physical Memory: 6087 MB | Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz | Processor Speed: 3293 MHz | Vendor ID: 8086 | Device ID: 0102 | Device Revision: 09

If you need more information on the graphics card, I'll look for it and post it ASAP.

While I'm 99% certain it's the graphics card and not the monitor, the monitor info is below, just in case.

Monitor Acer X223W<strong style="font-style: ...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Did the issue happen with previous operating system? Please bear in mind the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 does not have Windows® 10 graphics driver support.

Allan.

0 Kudos