0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 3:01 AM by chg

Star Wars Battlefront requires Intel driver update

chg

Hi @all,

yesterday I installed Star Wars Battlefront on my laptop (Acer E1-571G, Windows 8 64 Bit).

Installation was ok, but when I tried to start the game, the following message pops up:

"Detected Intel driver version #1 10.18.10.3304 09/09/2013 00:00:00 #29.18.13.2702 08/29/2013 00:00:00. The recommended driver version is xx.xx.14.4264 or later. Please update your drivers at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ before playing the game".

I tried to run the automatic Intel driver update tool, but my driver seems to be the latest version.

Then I downloaded a new version of the driver manually but I was not able to install it: the dirver is not approved for my laptop.

Finally I found a YOUTUBE clip and changed my 3D settings for NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M to "High Performance Processor" for Star Wars Battlefront (2015).

But still I am not able to run the game, the message still pops up and I am not able to start playing.

Is there any solution to this???

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

when I tried to start the game, the following message pops up:

"Detected Intel driver version #1 10.18.10.3304 09/09/2013 00:00:00 #29.18.13.2702 08/29/2013 00:00:00. The recommended driver version is xx.xx.14.4264 or later. Please update your drivers at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ before playing the game".

I tried to run the automatic Intel driver update tool, but my driver seems to be the latest version.

Then I downloaded a new version of the driver manually but I was not able to install it: the dirver is not approved for my laptop.

Finally I found a YOUTUBE clip and changed my 3D settings for NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M to "High Performance Processor" for Star Wars Battlefront (2015).

But still I am not able to run the game, the message still pops up and I am not able to start playing.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?
      If you can offer a % rate please do.

every time

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Laptop ACER E1-517G

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
      LFP
      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB wit5h Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @2.50 GHz

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 8 64 Bit

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Integrated display, resolution 1366x768, picture frequency 60p Hz, color depth 32 Bit

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver version 10.18.10.3304

NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M driver version 9.18.13.2702

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single laptop display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

resolution 1366x768, picture frequency 60p Hz, color depth 32 Bit

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

power cable plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Start "Star Wars Battlefront"
      2. Log on ORIGIN account
      3. message pops up that the driver is not sufficient