Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Two i7-5820K PCs Showing Different Options in Intel XTU

SMart20
Beginner

I just purchased two identical PCs. Both are the HP ENVY Phoenix 850-065se. I have XTU v6.0.2.8 installed on both.

When launching the XTU, one of the PCs has quite a few more settings that can be modified than the other. For example, under "Advanced Tuning", the "Memory" option is listed on one but not the other.

I attached the "System Information" page from each PC to this message. I cannot find any differences. I have also check the BIOS line-by-line and do not see any differences.

Any ideas why one would show more available settings to tweak than the other? Is there a "reset" for the XTU? Other ideas for what to try?

PC # 1:

PC# 2:

Thank you for any assistance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello SJMarty,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

The Intel® XTU reads the information from the BIOS and whatever options are available in the BIOS the XTU will be able to read it.

I'm not sure at this point why one listed the memory options in and not in the other, could you please upload one picture of each where is showing those options?

Also, I would recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer to see if they are aware of it or to see if some configuration is missing in the BIOS.

Regards!

0 Kudos
IOjed
Beginner

I have a similar issue than you, the difference is that the behavior shows in both my computers:

1.- MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC, i7 5930k, 4 X GSkill Ripjaws 4 8GB @2400Mhz

2.- MSI X99A Raider, Xeon 2630L ES, 2 X GSkill NT Series 8GB @2400MHz

In both cases when I install XTU (either the MSI or the intel version) It works fine and shows all the options as expected, but after I reboot, several options including the memory tab are gone or grayed out, also the value ranges for numeric options now are displayed using format using several digits after the decimal point. If I uninstall the application and reinstall it again, the options will show up again, but will disappear after another reboot.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Make sure you have the latest driver and bios installed from your computer manufacturer, especially the Intel Management Engine Driver.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IOjed
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion Ivan, but the intel driver utility and MSI Live update says I have the latest version of the ME Engine driver

Israel

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In this case, I suggest using the MSI Intel Extreme Tuning Utility which is the recommended utility for your motherboard bios, this tool is most likely customized by MSI and for some reason is not detecting correctly the information from your motherboard BIOS, at this point at suggest contacting MSI as they are more familiar with this system component and the BIOS configuration.

I can get better support here:

https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos