Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Trying to install driver version 15, getting version 10 instead

BHewa
Beginner

I installed the "Intel(R) Driver Update Utility" and it tells me that version 15 of the graphics driver for my "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" card using the "Intel(R) Core i7-3610QM" core is available. It downloads and installs it. In the installer's first couple of screens it makes me agree to install version 15 of the driver, but when it gets to the actual copying of files stage of the instilation wizard it installs version 6 of the "Driver Audio" then version 10 of the actual driver.

I reboot as requested, then go into the "Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel". I click on "Options and Support" then use the dropdown to select "Information Center" and sure enough the "Driver Version: 10.18.10.4276" shows up. NOT the version 15.33.39.4276 I was told I was installing.

I have also tried to install it from this page bypassing the driver update utility; same problem: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

The whole reason I'm trying to update my drivers is to play "Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition" I just got on steam. The game runs currently but the skybox isn't rendered so anything that touches where the sky should be tears and bleeds horribly. The fix if you are running nvidia drivers seems to be to turn on trilinar filtering, and turn off anti-aliasing. But I can't seem to get that to work with my intel graphics card.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JSkau
New Contributor II

Version 15.# (Here, 15.33.39.64.4276) is the Driver Package version number. It contains 2 drivers - Intel Graphics driver and Intel Display Audio driver. Version for the Intel Graphics driver is 10.18.10.4276, and the Intel Display Audio driver is 6.16.0.3154. I do understand how this can easily lead to a few misunderstandings.

If you check the Installation_Readme.txt bundled with these driver packages, you can check this towards the top of the text file.

Kind regards,

Jan