8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 8:13 PM by Cesar Badilla

dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps

Leroy353

Hi

I bought this board to replace ASUS, CPU 2600k tried 3 diff configs of 16G DDR3, 1333, 1066. I understand the limits of the 2nd Gen Procs but won't post!

1: 3 beeps and  error code 32 ? not listed anywhere

2: Status LEDS blink green MEM while beeping, flashes red HOT then shuts off

I disabled or disconnected video card ASUS 6950 and 1 add on eSata adapter

Do I need to return this board? I know it is older board without support but anybody else worked through this?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
          JFFulcrum

3 beeps means memory error. You have latest MB BIOS?

• 2. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
            N.Scott.Pearson

Here's what your symptoms tell me:

• Status lights are telling us nothing. The green LED just means standby power being received from power supply. It is common for the red CPU Hot LED to flash at this point.
            • POST code is normal as well; 0x32 tells us CPU initialization was completed. The memory installed test follows this.
            • Board is definitely unhappy with your memory.

Tell us more about what memory you are attempting to use. Is it on the list of memory that has been verified with this board?

...S

• 3. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
              Leroy353

Memory swapped 3 times

- 16g GSkill Rip Jaws DDR3 2000 (4gbx2 )

- 16g Kingston Value Ram 1333 ( low profile ) (512 x16 double sided ) swapped Intel did not recommend

-  8g Super Talent 1333 ( 512x8 single sided )

Same result, not specifically on list including the CMTLabs list.  Most are not available anywhere except online , Mushkin, Kingston, Corsair are around.  I have been using Kingston for years on other builds have never had memory fails like this.

I read a post somewhere ? reported finding possible bad "Mem Slots" is there a way to test that?

• 4. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
                N.Scott.Pearson

My reactions to these three:

1. Some DIMMs cause issues that result in you only being able to use two of them (not four). Give me more information about the DIMMs (i.e. part numbers).
                2. Avoid x16 DIMMs and especially don't use low profile (even if not x16) DIMMs. While I am at it, stick with DIMMs that run at 1.5V; avoid any that require higher voltages (note: issue is not with DIMMs that require a higher voltage to operate at frequencies higher than 1333MHz; issue is with DIMMs that will not work at the default 1.5V when at the default (1333MHz) frequency).
                3. These x8 DIMMs should, in theory, have worked (though I need part numbers to check better). Which memory slots did you plug the two DIMMs into (hint: blue)?

Is this a new board or did you purchase it used? If the latter, there is the possibility of user damage to the slot connectors. The only way to isolate this is to attempt to run using a single DIMM and try it in each socket. If it works in some but not all, then you know there may be a connector issue.

It may be time to run a base test. This means (I know, painful) pulling board out of chassis and setting it up on an isolated surface (use the sheet of semi-rigid foam from the board's shipping box) with only power supply, keyboard and mouse connected. Use onboard video for now. Connect monitor, keyboard and mouse via back-panel connectors (i.e. no front panel cables). Plug only one DIMM into board - and this into the Channel A DIMM 0 slot for now. Power on and attempt to get into BIOS setup using F2 key. If this is successful, power off and move DIMM to Channel B DIMM 0 slot and try again. If this is also successful, try adding second DIMM into Channel A DIMM 0 slot.

...S

P.S. On motherboards without onboard power button, power on/off by shorting together (i.e. touching both with tip of a small screwdriver) pins 6 & 8 of the front panel power/LED connector

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
                  JFFulcrum

Look s like the power VRMs on mainboard feeding memory slots are failed. Unlikely you can do anything with it yourself.

• 6. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
                    mikec_intel

Hi Leroy353,

Let us know your results with 1 memory of DDR3 1066 or 1333MHz at 1.5v. Were you able to get into the BIOS?

Please remember do the tests using 1 memory stick, motherboard, cpu, no Hard Disk Drive and power supply.

Regards,
                    Mike C

• 7. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
                      jhammond14

I am having the exact same problem.  Even went so far as to buy a stick of 'tested memory' from the Intel site to make sure is wasn't just the 3 different kinds of memory i had on hand to test, all with with no changes.

Cannot get into BIOS.

Attempted to flash bios to newest version, but using CD and USB thumb drive as per Intel web site instructions, bu it does not work, just keep getting the 3 beeps.

Unless anyone has any ideas, looks like I will have to demand an exchange from Amazon.

Thanks,

James H.

• 8. Re: dz77re-75k won't post led error 32 with 3 beeps
                        Cesar Badilla

Hello jhammond14,

Were you able to run base test asN.Scott.Pearson suggested?

Please let us know if you were able to demand an exchange from Amazon* and once you test your processor, Memory(RAM) and other components on your new motherboard let us know of the outcome.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.