Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

overclocking i7-2760QM

idata
Employee

hi

can i overclock i7-2760QM processor and how to do that ? and what rated limits for it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

so what is meant by up to 3.50 GHz ? how it could be raised up ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology ?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MoraSamy,

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the noted frequency. The processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP).

It is possible only disable and enable the technology through a switch in the BIOS; there are no other user controllable settings. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

1 Core runs faster than the others. In your case the Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM, it has 4 Cores and 1 Core is capable to jump from 2.4 to 3.5GHz. The rest of the Cores will run between 2.4 and 3.4GHz.

The information below shows examples of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology on desktop boards.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/corei7/sb/CS-032279.htm Intel® Core&# 153; i7 Desktop Processor — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Frequency Table

Regards,

Mike C
idata
Employee

awesome so how could i get the TDP of each processor

and

i see that it is only available for desktop processors is that right ??

Thanks mikec_intel

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MoraSamy,

Intel provides the TDP or Tcase values for all the processors through http://ark.intel.com/ ARK | Your Source for Intel® Product Specifications or from the technical product specification (Data Sheet) of each processor family.

Now, for mobile processors the cpu fan cool down the entire system so OEM manufacturers customize the settings of the fan. It is necessary to get additional information from your laptop manufacturer.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos