1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 2:58 PM by ivanu_intel

Windows 10 auto-update fixed (for me)

RobinAlden

I had a compute stick which came with Windows 8.1.
      I let the Windows Update process upgrade it to Windows 10 a couple of months ago and had no problems.
      Recently I let it auto-update to the Autumn release of Windows 10 and the update hung in the final stages - I think after final reboot into the updated Windows 10.
      After several restarts I found that the system always crashed as soon as I logged in, and sometimes before I logged in.

Then I read this community's content and as a first step towards a fix I upgraded my BIOS to the latest version available.

The BIOS is available from here:

Download BIOS Update [FCBYT10H.86A]

Note that the latest BIOS is version 31, dated 5th November 2015.  My stick was running version 18 which is listed as the initial production release, so I was well behind the curve.

Upgrading to the latest BIOS fixed my problem and allowed me to login and use the system normally.

I am now running the Autumn release of Windows 10.

I appreciate that some people's problems are different to mine, and that other people who have made a number of attempts to reinstall or rollback may be beyond the point where upgrading the BIOS fixes their issues,

but this fixed it for me.