2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 3:53 PM by Roshita

Intel SSD 535) After Migration, What is this?

Roshita

Hello. I just bought Intel SSD 535 480GB today and install it in my laptop correctly. (Port 1 is HDD that I used, New SSD is on port 2. I didn't get rid of HDD yet. Because of storage.)

I use the driver, for migration, which can be found in intel support download centre. (the name is Intel® Data Migration Software)

Around 1 hour later, all migration works are done and I reboot my laptop. When I reboot my laptop, it was slow. So, I change the BIOS setting to start first with SSD.

It was really really fast. But, I have a question about this.

1. C drive.pngE drive.png

Can I format E drive? Just right click and click the format button?

As you see, almost same amount of storage are copied. I can guess E drive is my HDD drive because of maximum storage (it was 1TB) So, If the migration working is well, there is no problem when I format it.

2. D drive.png

What is D drive ? (시스템 예약 which is korean means system reservation, I don't know what that means)

I have no idea about it. I was just using C drive only, but when I migrate my SSD, E drive = HDD good, but what is D? almost 100MB are wasting in my laptop! I enter the D drive but there is nothing. I also check out hidden files. But, all empty. What makes me curious is 28.1MB! Where that storage are working?

3. My laptop's personal information is all missing after migration. Can't I restore it?

For example, when I opened the Chrome, web browser, there is no extension program that I usually used. I have to re-download them! Maybe it can bother me. I don't wanna lose my time for them.

Please read my Question and give me an advice. I need your help please~

ps. Should I have to change the HDD and SSD ports for solving my problem? (That means, now port 1 - HDD, port 2 - SSD but after changing port 1 - SSD, port 2 - HDD)