2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 4:09 PM by PrescottJoule

Problems with Arduino IDE 1.6.6

PrescottJoule

I was having problems with 1.6.4 and before I figured out my problem (it turned out I forgot to install a library) I upgraded to 1.6.6 from 1.6.5. Now I cannot get any of the Adafruit 9DoF libraries to work. I am planning on reverting to the older version to see if that helps. I found it odd that I am getting a large amount of warning text on compiling any program, don't know if it's related:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
      Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
      Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG
      Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD
      Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
      WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

I am having problems locating a library that is supposedly included so I'm going to ask around over on the Arduino forums and hope they have a solution.