Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel does not display content properly

MLeoc
Novice

Hello,

I've been using Windows 10 for a while and everything was pretty OK (including subject in issue)!

Now when I open Graphics Control Panel, the first screen correctly displays the content (1st image), but when I enter any of the options, like 3D, content is barely displayed (second image).

I've tried cleaning up my PC, softwares, registry, general cleanup and malware scans, updates, etc, even reinstalling the graphics drivers, running the subject in admin mode and trying to open it in my TV screen. Nothing fixes that.

My laptop is DELL Inspiron I14-3442-A10;

Graphics adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4400;

Driver is 10.18.15.4274;

Observations:

Even after updating Windows 8.1 to 10 it still used to work normally;

I've tried to uninstall most of my softwares, for the case it was a conflict;

Please, I beg you not to ask me to do a system recover to any previous point.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello all,

I think this issue could be related to some configuration settings in your computer.

Check the following thread:

Let us know if the bug described above was causing the issue you are reporting here.

Regards,

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello LuckyScooby,

Does the issue persists with the latest driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]? Try installing the driver with the following method http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*.

Regards,

Amy.

MLeoc
Novice

Hi, Amy

Thanks for the answer.

Dell provides a custom driver, but I have uninstalled it and replaced with the latest Intel official driver (what is not recommended as I realized Windows attempted to download and reinstall the custom one).

Anyway, the issue persists.

My computer is all updated with the latest softwares and drivers (including BIOS).

If I could knew how Intel programs it's control panel user interface I could have an idea. I wonder if that is a .NET Framework thing, but it's just a superficial thinking..

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

It seems to be a registry issue, please try with a Restore, see here for the instructions http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help.

0 Kudos
LH3
Novice

Hi,

I have the same issue with an Alienware 15 R2 with the following configuration:

-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost), Intel graphics Driver Version: 20.19.15.4312

-Nvidia GTX970M, Driver version 361.43.

I just reinstalled both graphic drivers, and the issue is still there. For uninstalling both drivers I used RevoUninstaller and Wagnard tools "Display driver uninstaller", the later during a Windows safe mode session.

The only menu that displays without any problem is the "Information Center" section from "Options and Support".

Thanks in advance for your support,

**Update: let me add some images.

0 Kudos
MLeoc
Novice

luisoh wrote:

The only menu that displays without any problem is the "Information Center" section from "Options and Support".

The same here!

I've been digging around the files, processes and DLLs and found that Intel develops its user interface through Microsoft Expression Blend.

Also, there is a DLL responsible for the UI: /Windows/System32/MetroIntelGenericUIFramework.dll.

It contains methods and calls for UI drawing and layout.

We just need one more person to confirm this issue is not a coincidence between you and me, but a pattern instead.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Please fill out the following form , make sure to follow it closely in order to investigate about this matter.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
LH3
Novice

Hello Amy_Intel,

Here is my report, hope this helps to find a solution to this problem.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When I open Graphics Control Panel, the first screen correctly displays the content (1st image), but when I enter any of the options, like 3D, content is barely displayed.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Fails every single time.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Alienware 15 R2

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

I think it's a Dynamic Switching model between a Intel GPU HD Graphics 530 and a Nvidia GTX 970M.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Laptop panel and External Flat panel Dell P2416D(HDMI).

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16384MB RAM

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

HDMI cable for external flat panel.

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below<...

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I have been running tests on several platforms but the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel worked fine, all the options were visible.

Please try to update the driver to the following version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen] and I would recommend to install the driver with this method http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows... these instructions should work on Windows® 10.

Regards,

0 Kudos
MLeoc
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue.

When I open Graphics Control Panel, the first screen correctly displays the content (1st image), but when I enter any of the options, like 3D, content is barely displayed.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

100%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell Inspiron I14-3442-A10

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

NA

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (<strong style="font-style: inher...

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I have been running more tests based on your description but I have not been able to replicate this, the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel works without no issues, the menu options are visible.

Regards,

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello all,

I think this issue could be related to some configuration settings in your computer.

Check the following thread:

Let us know if the bug described above was causing the issue you are reporting here.

Regards,

MLeoc
Novice

Thanks a lot, that worked!

When I set the regional options as the thread described, it fails.

When I redefine the regional options, it works!

Thanks everyone for the attention.

0 Kudos
LH3
Novice

Hi Ronald,

I can confirm that it worked for me too.

Many thanks to you all!

aacco1
Beginner

Root cause:

11 months in still not fixed

0 Kudos
RCamp8
Beginner

Same problem and changing back to defalt number format resolves it, which is not ideal. I want to keep the other format number. It's a real shame Intel doesn't care about this bug at all.

0 Kudos
PradeepNar_R_Intel

This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello Everyone,

I would like to confirm that we already have a fix for this issue and we will incorporate it in our next driver updates.We apologize for taking so long.

We will update the below threads when the next driver is released.

Regards,

0 Kudos