8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 5:32 PM by EstebanC_Intel

System wakes in 1-disply mode instead of 2-display extended mode

MGK

I have my system set to turn off the displays after 20 minutes of inactivity, but I leave the system otherwise running.  I work with the system originally in the 2-display extended mode.  When the displays go to sleep and then are awaken, most (but not all) of the time the second display is off and I need to open display settings to change from 1-display setting to two displays. When the system goes back to two displays, all of the open windows are resized to the default size and are stacked on top of each other.  Some of the windows hang so that the applications need to be killed from task manager and restarted.  The place where the tabs should appear in the web browser are also often black, and re-appear when the mouse is run over them; but, the X on the upper right corner does not close the window when clicked.

Since I have had this problem with two operating systems and have the most recent drivers, I am concerned that the problem may reside in the hardware.  What should be my trouble-shooting procedure to figure out what is wrong?  It's a bad sign when a new system doesn't work right out the box.

I have an Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH with two Acer H236HL bid 23-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitors that had this problem running W8.1 and has the same problem after I upgraded to W10.  I updated all the drivers to the most recent ones.  I a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM) and a Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 3.5-Inch SSD (MZ-N5E500BW) . The system has 16GB Ram, Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory CT2KIT102464BF160B / CT2CP102464BF160B.