5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 2:47 PM by TheBossDriver

Intel Graphics Crash

ThanksIntel

After a recent update to Windows 10, my Intel graphics continuously fails to respond. This is the error message I receive. As you will notice, the message states that the graphics driver for Windows 8 has stopped responding, though I have Windows 10. I assure you I have the most up to date drivers, as I use Intel's own driver update utility tool as well as driver talent. This has only happened while gaming, namely Minecraft. After Intel Graphics stops responding, my game freezes and I am forced to close it. This seems to have little pattern to it, but will happen at least once an hour. Does anybody know what is wrong and how to fix this? Why does it say a Windows 8 driver has stopped responding when I have Windows 10? I've seen quite a few threads about this, but no real answers.

Some Short Computer information:

Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

NVIDA GeForce 940M

• 1. Re: Intel Graphics Crash
          deb@italy

Same problem with a fresh install of Win 10 pro 64 bits on a brand new pc... First time on this forum, seems that there's no much chance to get answers...

• 2. Re: Intel Graphics Crash
            ThanksIntel

Something I've noticed, my computer has DirectX 12, as it came with Windows 10, and yet, according to my Intel HD Graphics Control panel, my graphics hardware only supports up to DirectX 11.1. Could this be causing the problem? Either way, it's rather silly if Intel graphics doesn't yet support Windows 10 and DirectX 12...

• 3. Re: Intel Graphics Crash
              pall

I installed Windows 10 three months ago, but it's been a month since i experience the same problem and my computer freezes and forces me to restart it.

Gpu : GeForce GTX 860M

Sans titre.pngsd.jpg

• 4. Re: Intel Graphics Crash
                Tomasz Dutkowski

Same problem here, but my windows 10 get blue screens often. Windows 8.1 have none. Maby  it is meter of time and upgrades.

• 5. Re: Intel Graphics Crash
                  TheBossDriver

This sucks happened to me in Windows 10 but managed to fix it a month or 2 ago but I am on windows 8.1 because I did factory reset (Windows 10 sucks too many problems)

Here is how I fixed it.

Make restore point

Download Display Driver Uninstaller

Open it and it will say open in safe mode, do as said

Once in safe mode delete everything of INTEL or whatever driver causing it

Restart and download then download the LATEST FROM MANUFACTURER

NOTE: I fixed it by restarting the went windows update and it downloaded if downloading from manufacturer does not fix it do what I did afer using DDU then restarting