Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 Windows 7

BRobl
Beginner

Hey guys,

One month ago, my wifi card is having some trouble. The first time the problem appeared was when i was coming back from an sleep mode.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5420, wifi card is Intel centrino 2230. I have Windows 7 ,64 bits.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. The problem is that suddenly, the wifi discconnects, and no connections appear anymore (until i shut down laptop and restart it)

Also, sometimes when i turn on my laptop, it doesnt work and i have to go to control panel and activate the Wifi centrino.

I've uninstalled completely drivers, updated them, but still not working. Also i have changed the energy plan and RESTORED my laptop to factory state but nothing . I've also checked the wifi card and it's not a hardware problem.

Thanks for your help

Bruno

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Burnoak,

Is this Wireless Adapter the one installed by factory?

0 Kudos
BRobl
Beginner

Yes , its the one installed in factory

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Brunoak,

Since this adapter is OEM's, we recommend that you contact your computer maufacturer first: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support in order to obtain the latest drivers provided by them. If you have done so and the issue still persists, you can follow the steps below as a second option.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- 1. Download and save: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* - File Name: Wireless_18.21.0_s64.exe

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components

0 Kudos