Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

optimus + hd4600 + sw battlefront = crashing ???

RBarr6
Novice

hi,

is anyone having trouble running the new battlefront game on their laptops with a intel hd igp + nvidia dedicated card?

works fine on my desktop but when try and launch it on my laptop it always crashes when the game starts to load (the intro logos)

nvwgf2umx.dll is the faulting module.

the game launches randomly if i have the 4264 igp drivers installed that the game always moans about not being installed if i have any other igp driver version installed, includes ones newer than 4264. the game goes past the intro logos but still crashes at random times, in game or on the menu etc.

the game will launch is choose the igp only but is obviously unplayable.

changing nvidia driver doesn't solve the crashing as the game needs 358 or higher and fails to load at all, throws up a little telling me update my geforce drivers.

7 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Glubonack,

Could you please provide the Operating System, model and brand of your computer.

Additionally, the current Intel® Graphics driver version running on your computer.

Please provide http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Report and pictures of the error you are getting when the game crashes, if possible.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
RBarr6
Novice

hi sorry for not replying sooner, i actually resolved the issue, a disabled windows service wars causing the crashing of all things.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Glubonack:

That is good to know, do you happen to remember which was that service? or maybe a link where the issue/solution was described?.

This information would be really helpful for future users having the issue.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
RBarr6
Novice

it was hwpolicy (service name in registry) Hardware Policy. should've been set to boot 0.

disabled on my desktop but it seems on a laptop it crashes games on loading if it's disabled.

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

nvwgf2umx.dll is a D3D library written by Nvidia

0 Kudos
RBarr6
Novice

yeah i do know that, and the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

Thank you for providing this information regarding the issue.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos