Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
I would like to provide you with some steps for your situation:
1. Make sure you are using the power adapter provided with the Intel® Compute Stick.
2. Perform a BIOS recovery on your Intel® Compute Stick.
3. If possible, test the Intel® Compute Stick in a different HDMI port in your projector.
4. If you are using an adapter (HDMI to VGA/DVI) that may be causing the issue, the recommendation is to use a straight connection (HDMI to HDMI)
5. Test a different HDMI device with the projector, to discard or not the interface as the issue.
Some helpful links:
The only thing that changed was updating to latest BIOS. It worked fine with the Factory BIOS that came with the stick. Works fine connected to a TV. It just doesnt like the EDID information from this projector now. Other devices work fine on the projector.