Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

I can't submit a service request form (High CPU load with HD Graphics 4000)

JLore8
Beginner

We are developing an application that will be delivered on an industrial computer with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and are seeing unexpectedly high CPU loads when showing selected parts of the HMI.

The application is WPF based and behaves somewhat normally when showing screens of just standard WPF controls, however, when showing a graph component that updates values in real time, the CPU load increases and the application becomes very sluggish. We are not seeing this on our desktop machines with similar or less CPU/graphics power.

An investigation using Process Explorer shows that it is the System process that consumes the extra CPU work (approx 17-18%) when these parts of the HMI are shown. Looking at the threads of that process two stand out:

ntoskml.exe!WheaAttemptPhysicalPageOffline+0x350 and dxgmms1.sys

is responsible for the high CPU load.

I started to suspect a problem with the drivers so I updated to the latest version but the problem remained. I have tried this out on two version of Windows 7, Embedded Standard and Enterprise N and the problem remains.

However, when trying Windows 10 the application behaves normally.

Do you have any idea of what the cause can be? I have seen threads on your forum with persons having related problems.

[I tried submitting a service request but could not make the submit in the last step]

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JonLor,

Do you have a demo? So I can test this behavior.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JLore8
Beginner

Hello Amy,

I'm afraid I do not have one at the moment, and producing one would take considerable amount of work. Is there any other way I can help you?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Well, in this case we will need some kind of demo or the app to test the behavior that you´re getting.

Let´s hope that other users in the community can join this post and add more comments.

Regards.

0 Kudos
JLore8
Beginner

Hello Amy,

I have a demo application now, how can I pass it along to you?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I discussed your case with the engineering team and in order to better assist you I would recommend to post this inquiry in the Intel® Developer Zone https://software.intel.com/en-us/forum Forums, this forum focuses in developing matters.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JLore8
Beginner

Hi Amy,

I posted on the forum you mentioned, 10 days ago, still no response. We are a big company, soon releasing a product based on your hardware, we need to see some progress on this otherwise we have to start looking for alternative solutions.

I have seen people mentioning that they do not see this problem using older drivers. Do you know where such can be downloaded?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

From our site the following link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software is the official site where you can find the all drivers available for this specific processor, it might be possible that you can find older driver there.

Regards.

0 Kudos