Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

What mother board will this processor fit

idata
Employee

I received a Intel Pentium 4 533 3.06 ghz 5442b413

1m/533/04a

I need to buy a mother board. Is this processor any good? Will it run as a dual core? What mother board will accept it? Thanks for the board and the help!!

Tim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

It should show the socket type. 478, 775, etc ... that would be the type of motherboard you need. will it run as dual core? look for the letters HT on it, if you see them then yes you could run it as dual core. (but it is not dual core). Is it any good? it depends, did it come out of a working pc? as far as GOOD in general goes... i would NOT build a computer around this CPU. specially after having to buy a really good cooling system, pentium 4's on lga775 tend to run HOT! (that is my own experience). just my 2 cents.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It came from a working computer. It has the numbers SL87L on it but no HT.Then at the bottom, 5442B413 Top says Pentium 4 3.06 GH/1M/533/04A

Thanks for the help! What about a ECS G31T-M motherboard. I have one of those too.Will it work in there? I am trying to make something work without spending a lot of $$.

Thank you very much for the help!!!!

Tim

idata
Employee

yes, ECS G31T-M will support pentium 4 5xx and 6xx series processors. with that in mind you should be able to make it work. keep an eye on the cpu temp. have fun.

0 Kudos
MWong22
New Contributor II

you may try 945GTP

DDR1 ram, 4 slots with dual channel memory. maximu memory supported 1gb per slot.

Comes with Pci express x16

or

you may try D946GZIS

DDR2 memory configuration. Up to 667mhz only. 2gb per slot

2 memory slots only

Comes with Pci express x16

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

dont know where you're from but if u do not wind up using this processor i'd be interested in it email Crooksville01 @ yahoo (dot) com

0 Kudos