Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Network protocols missing

VMcMa
Beginner

Hi

Since I purchased the NUC 5i5 RYH well over a year ago I have had intermittent wireless problems.

I initially set it up under Windows 8.1 64 bit. When I would lose wireless connectivity, it would normally be resolved by the troubleshooter which would reset the connection. Sometimes it would indicate that wireless had been disabled so I would go into device manager and enable it. This would be repeated every week or so.

I have now upgraded to Windows 10 and while it was without issue initially I am now getting the new error of one or more wireless protocols are missing. I can resolve this only by reinstalling the driver which is a pain.

I ran scannow without any issues. Windows updates are current. I changed anti-virus programs just in case (AVG has given me some strange results on another computer).

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

WallabyACT,

What wireless adapter do you have installed?

0 Kudos
VMcMa
Beginner

Thanks for your response and my apologies on this one as I have created a red herring.

I have had longstanding wireless issues with this mini-PC but when I decided to start in safe mode to isolate this problem I found that I had left it in safe mode from the last issue I recently had - clearly some of the network protocols were not being loaded.

0 Kudos