3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 2:12 PM by mikec_intel

NUC5i3RYH and bluetooth keyboard

keiron99

I've spent a long day setting up my NUC5i3RYH with Windows 7 (I've yet to decide whether to upgrade to 10...)

One thing I cannot get to work is my Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard.

First, I am ambarrassed to admit - I don't know whether the NUC actually has bluetooth built in. Can anyone please tell me? Also, if it does, how do I enable it and access it through Windows? Or is it in the bios?

Second, the keyboard has a sort of "pair" button. I gather I am meant to press this, then Windows gives me a code which I input onto the keyboard. But of course, in Device Manager, the keyboard isn't visible...

Can anyone please help? If it helps matters, I do have a bluetooth dongle available.

Thanks

• 1. Re: NUC5i3RYH and bluetooth keyboard
          mikec_intel

Hi keiron99,

Your Intel® NUC Kit 5i3RYH has a wireless-Bluetooth card inside. Before pairing your keyboard, I recommend you to update the drivers of your NUC, start with the chipset driver and Management Engine driver then, continue with the rest of the drivers.

Steps to connect the Bluetooth keyboard:
          -Right click the Bluetooth icon available on the lower right side of your display
          -Select add a Bluetooth Device

-In your Keyboard, 1) Turn it on, 2) Press and release the Connect button (bottom of keyboard)
          -Your NUC will detect the keyboard, select Pair (On PC) and type the code (numbers) using the Bluetooth keyboard. The NUC will start the synchronizing process (It usually takes 2 or 3 minutes)

-The Keyboard will be up and running

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: NUC5i3RYH and bluetooth keyboard
            keiron99

Hi. I never did get this to work.

The only solution was to upgrade to Windows 10, which fixed it at a stroke!

• 3. Re: NUC5i3RYH and bluetooth keyboard
              mikec_intel

Hi keiron99,

I am glad the keyboard is working now.

Regards,
              Mike C