1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 11:03 AM by nebb-alx

Does the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver have an API?

dbuterbaugh

Does the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver have an API or another way to programmatically interface?  This is my first experience with Matrix Storage.  I want to make a RAID 1 array and be able to programmatically find properties such as the status (rebuilding, degraded, etc.) and/or be able to tell it to rebuild once a failed drive has been replaced.  The only way I see to do this is through the RAID BIOS or through the Matrix Storage Manager application.  After a fair amount of Google searching, there doesn't seem to be any mention of an API, command line switches, etc. to make this happen.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Does the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver have an API?
          nebb-alx

I wish it had it. I have queried about this before by email to Intel Technical Support in March 2009. Their response was:

Hard disk failures or RAID volume degradations will be notified upon boot (Ctrl + I ) and within the operating system only, through the console. The Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Console does not support remote notifications.

Furthermore I asked for an API and Intel's response was:

Regarding writing your own application, it is possible and you can do it. However, we do not offer guidance or support for it.

I found this though - Intel Matrix Storage Manager command line util:

- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18324&lang=eng

But I am unsure as to whether it works with all chipsets as the readme seems to say ICH9R.

Good luck!