4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 4:23 PM by Curious592

Problems with D965WH Desktop Board and SATA Disk

marjam

I have 3 years with this motherboard D965WH, I've got a Pentium D Processor, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia Video card 256 mb, and I used to have a disk of 250gb IDE

Then i test to buy a 500 gb SATA Disk, everything goes ok, when i have installed SO, (Windows XP, Vista), but after a while sent me an error something about the memory "dumping memory", and crashed, When I use the IDE Diks there is no problem but starts with SATA disk, somebody can help me?

• 1. Re: Problems with D965WH Desktop Board and SATA Disk
          Curious592

This sounds like a vRAM problem, possibly involving the video card.  My DG965WH board has used IDE DVD and SATA DVD plugged into port 0 or 1.  Documentation for the board has said that the port assignments are not correct but they seem correct to me.  My OS drive has been plugged into 1 or 0 and two other drives into other ports.  I suggest more RAM (fixes many problems) or a different SATA port.  If that doesn't help maybe a new video card.

• 2. Re: Problems with D965WH Desktop Board and SATA Disk
            Curious592

In the previous response I may have confused you regarding vRAM and virtual memory.  These are interrelated but I mentioned vRAM where I should have said virtual memory.

• 3. Re: Problems with D965WH Desktop Board and SATA Disk
              marjam

Actually I remove the video card from the motherboard and I test it, the problem is more like a there are some files that are corrupted, but what's really think that it's wrong is some kind of incompability between motherboard and SATA disk, this is the 3rd disk I have to change to test if there is something wrong with the disk, i don't know if maybe updating the BIOS or something this problem could be fixed, because with the IDE hard disk works fine

• 4. Re: Problems with D965WH Desktop Board and SATA Disk
                Curious592

Only the newer boards seem to have had any problem updating the BIOS and that has mostly been dealt with.  I would definitely update the BIOS but that shouldn't be the problem unless other hardware is causing a conflict.  It shouldn't be too surprising to need a clean install after 3 years depending on usage.  That would eliminate software conflicts as a problem.  Update all of the other drivers.