5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 9:28 AM by Amy_Intel

Celeron N2840/HD Graphics

matore

Dear comunity: I'm recently running Windows Vista on a laptop with Celeron N2840/HD Graphics. The problem here is there aren't any graphics drivers. Any ideas? W7 drivers won't work. As I could see there aren't XP drivers either. What if I need to run it for some old software or so? Here I can get the proper screen resolution with the standard VGA driver from Microsoft, but video playback or anything a bit more complex than displaying the desktop works terrible.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Celeron N2840/HD Graphics
          Amy_Intel

Hello matore,

Have you tried running the Intel® Driver Update Utility in order to get the graphics driver?

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Celeron N2840/HD Graphics
            matore

Hello Amy, thanks for your answer. Yes indeed, I have. "No drivers were found for your system". Imagine my face after that, even worse after it took like half an hour to download and install framework 4.5 before doing anything else. I'm quite disappointed with this, one thing is the laptop manufacturer not giving you the drivers for every OS (something I don't like either), but the component manufacturer? It's totally restrictive, even more when I'm using an OS that still has support from Microsoft (it would be different with XP).

Regards,

Andres

• 3. Re: Celeron N2840/HD Graphics
              JFFulcrum

Drivers for such embedded-line CPUs should be provided from vendors of end-devices, Intel do not support them directly. You can try public drivers  for

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23886/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC , cause that NUC CPU share architecture with yours laptop.

• 4. Re: Celeron N2840/HD Graphics
                matore

Thanks JFF but they haven't worked eiter. I've tried at least a dozen different versions, even modifying the *.inf file to make them Vista-able, but for some other reason everyone fails. The closer I got to one being loaded was a BSOD after reboot. I'm afraid I'll have to go back to windows 7, but I tell you, it's not smooth as I'd like. Its a low-end pc, cheap as well, but for what I need it's fine. I bought it with XP in my mind, but that won't even install. If it was for the brand support (Acer) I'd have to use Win 8.1 as it was from factory. Imagine if Win7 is not smooth, what 8.1 is like in this case.... Vista is really stable, and I managed to get almost every driver, being Intel the one with problems: USB3 has no support at all for XP/Vista either, it's clearly stated on the web, but I'd easily give up on that one, I don't really need it. The problem is graphics, it complicates everything, from youtube to mostly anything animated.

Thanks again, regards.

• 5. Re: Celeron N2840/HD Graphics
                  Amy_Intel

JFFulcrum thank for sharing that information.

matore, unfortunately from our end there are no drivers available for your graphics controller since is not supported for Windows® Vista (note the picture below), at this point I would recommend to roll back to Windows® 7.

Capture.PNG

Here you can check the official documentation for supported operating systems Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems.

Regards,

Amy.