4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 9:11 AM by allan_intel

Icons auto-arranged after driver update

HLe

When I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I used Win 8.1 Intel graphic driver (directly from the laptop manufacturer). At that time, after I ran programs (StarCraft Broodwar, Counter-strike: Global Offensive) with different resolution, I went back to desktop, and every icon stayed where they used to be.

When I saw a few notifications telling me Win 8.1 Intel graphic driver stopped working and had been recovered, I decided to update to Win 10 Intel graphic driver (through Windows update). Now after I ran programs (StarCraft Broodwar, Counter-strike: Global Offensive) with different resolution, I went back to desktop, and every icon was arranged to the left as if auto-arrange was on.

I didn't change any settings; just a simple driver update messed up my icons.

How can I fix this problem?

Note:

- If I rolled back to Win 8.1 Intel graphic driver, icon auto-arrange didn't occur. However, I kept seeing notifications telling me that driver stopped working and had been recovered.

- Auto-arrange is ALWAYS disable.

My specs:

Clevo W230st

i7-4700mq

16 GB Ram

NVIDIA 765m

Windows 10 64-bit

Thank you.

EDIT: I added a video showing the problem. Because of the recorder, StarCraft appeared to be in a corner; in fact, it was at full screen.

Icons auto arrange - YouTube