There are many possible reasons for connection drops, try the following to prevent some of the most common causes:
- Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1*, version 16.11.0:
- Contact the manufacturer of your wireless router and make sure you are using the most recent firmware for it.
- Apply the configuration from the advisory: Wireless Networking — What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?
- Test setting your wireless encryption method to WPA2-AES, or with no encryption.
- Try placing the PC close to the Access Point.
Thank you for your reply.
I installed the drivers you suggested and applied the configuration for 802.11n. Unfortunately, it didn't help. My laptop is close to the AP (approx. 2-3 metres between my laptop and the router (wall between)) and signal strength is usually full. I cannot make any changes to the router, but it shouldn't matter, as I have the same problems with many different routers and many different wi-fi networks.
Is there any way how to log individual steps of what is going on with my network device?
Do you have any other suggestions?