Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HiDPI / 2K / 27inch DVI Dual-Link Input and HDMI-Output

ES_
Beginner

Hello!

I have an issue with my new 27" 2K (1440p) Wide Gamut Display. I can archive 1440p at 40Hz with several different cables using HDMI Output from Intel HD 4400 on my Vaio Pro 13, as well as using a HDMI2DVI-D 24+1Pin cable. However, I am still not able to archive 1440p at 60Hz using this HDMI2DVI-D Cable. I think it might be a driver issue here regarding DVI-D Dual Link. Can anyone verify this? Driver Version was 10.18.15.4279 as provided by Windows 10 Update. Going to try other drivers now.

I guess it might be because of cooling issues with the laptop that higher pixel clocks are not possible, but since I am not using this resolution for playing there might be a workaround?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

While is technically possible to make an active HDMI to Dual-link DVI adapter, no such products exists. Passive solutions are capable only single-link DVI, despite some have a Dual-link DVI connector. You VAIO have a DP port?

0 Kudos
ES_
Beginner

No, it only has an HDMI Port.

0 Kudos
PCons1
New Contributor I

Does your laptop or display have a VGA port? If so, use that then with the thickest cable you can find.

0 Kudos