Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox update

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello SSD community,

Intel is continuing to work on a solution to this issue and expects to release a new version of the Intel® SSD Toolbox by the end of Dec 2009.

Microsoft* alerted Intel to an issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer tool and Intel is working on a fix to the issue. After the SSD Optimizer is run, the SSD Optimizer renders all previously set Windows* system restore points unusable. However, user data is not affected. The SSD Optimizer tool is part of the Intel® SSD Toolbox (ver 1.1).

This applies only to users who meet all four criteria below:

• Use Windows*7 or Vista and
  • Use the System Protection feature which sets system restore points (enabled by default in Windows*7 and Vista*) and
  • Have installed 02HA or 02HD firmware and
  • Have used Intel SSD Optimizer (which was available from intel.com from 10/26 to 11/4).

A workaround for this issue and additional details are available here.

Intel will give regular updates on this issue.

<span lang="EN" style="font-size: 12pt; color: black; mso-ansi-language: EN; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ascii-font-family: C...

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the update, Alan. Better safe than sorry. It's also smart PR to keep the community informed like this on a regular and timely basis. Sometimes patience is as short as the read time on a Mainstream drive. I am happy because I am running Windows 7 and I seem to have TRIM enabled, so life is good for now. I admit that I just grin when I start an application and it instantly appears. However we early adopters do like to tweak for perfection, so I look forward to what the Toolbox might enable me to do. Thanks for the work you folks do.