3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 1:02 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

System loose C drive after 10 minuites

mitsgaz

Hello sir.

I have an intel i3 2120 3,3GH CPU with an intel motherboard new bought 10 /10/15 from ebay  DH67BLR version AAG44434-200 serial number BTBL13900B0J bios version BLH6710H.86A.0119.2011.0523.1030 an asus Graphics card and a mushkin chronos SSD CR240GB sata III firmware 503ABBF0.

If I put the ssd to sata3 port 6Gh, after 10 minutes (on internet or only copy paste windows explorer)  I have a blue screen and I a message on screen input hard drive. After reset I can’t see the ssd on BIOS menu pc don’t start. If I turn off – on the switch it starts normally and after 10 minutes the same again.

If I put the ssd on sata II port 3Gh after 15 minutes the same again.

Could you help me please     

• 1. Re: System loose C drive after 10 minuites
          N.Scott.Pearson

It sounds like you are having an overheating issue. This may be isolated to the SSD drive or is an indication of a systemic issue (i.e. insufficient cooling (insufficient air movement) around the drive).

If you have Intel Desktop Utilities installed (make sure you have latest version), you can monitor system temperatures - including those of the HDDs and SSDs attached - and watch for this issue occurring.

...Scott

• 2. Re: System loose C drive after 10 minuites
            mitsgaz

Temperature is about 30 to 32 Celsius.

I think that the ssd have the issue am I right?

I have tried the disk info tool for the ssd and it says that lifetime for the ssd is 100  100 10 

• 3. Re: System loose C drive after 10 minuites
              N.Scott.Pearson

Alas, S.M.A.R.T. attributes are not necessarily a good indicator of drive health; there are many kinds of problems that could occur without the S.M.A.R.T. attributes providing any sort of advanced warning or ever indicating that anything is wrong.

While I cannot rule out the motherboard having an issue, it sure looks to me as if the problem is within the SSD. The fact that the amount of time that passes before the problem occurs lengthens when testing on a slower interface points specifically to the SSD being the culprit. Do you have another PC that you could test the SSD in to see if the problem occurs there?

...Scott