cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160gb x25-m g2, WEI disk score of 5.9??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi everyone,

First post here. I just got a new 160gb x25-m g2, successfully flashed the firmware to 02HD, and installed Win7 x64 with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. After getting everything up and running, my WEI disk score is at 5.9. I have the same crystal disk mark scores as other posts, and things "feel" snappy - but I haven't seen others complain of their WEI score. Just curious if others have experienced the same, or if anyone has suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

take another wei test while your laptop is on "high performance" power setting !!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just for some more info, my system is a Dell Precision M6400 notebook with the Intel Q43 Express chipset. I've verified I'm using the MS AHCI driver, and that DisableDeleteNotify is 0, so supposedly TRIM is functional. Though since this is a fresh drive and install, TRIM shouldn't even be playing a part yet.

I'm curious what others with this drive + latest firmware are scoring in WEI, as the concern would be that there is some specific workload that WEI runs that my SSD isn't up to par on. If anyone has other good benchmark utilities to try, please post 'em.

Sure would be nice if MS specified precisely what the WEI tests were... 😃

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've also the 160GB X25-M with the new firmware running inside my Windows7 x64 notebook with the MSAHCI driver.

WEI shows a HDD result of 7,7.

My notebook has the PM45 chipset.

Best regards,

Christian

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

take another wei test while your laptop is on "high performance" power setting !!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Interesting suggestion dart22! I will definitely try that this evening and report back.

Thanks