1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2009 7:37 AM by jim5272

HDMI question? Intel Original DG45FC Soc-775 iG45 DDRII mini-ITX SATA Audio 8ch+LAN+DVI-I+HDMI+RAID.

h2o

Intel Original DG45FC Soc-775 iG45 DDRII mini-ITX SATA Audio 8ch+LAN+DVI-I+HDMI+RAID.

what HDMI out here? if i connect TV with MB by HDMI cable, and i will play fullHD video, question - will i have in my TV FullHD video and sounds 8ch? or i will have only video? or i will have video and 2 ch sound?

i want to use DG45FC in home HD player. i want to connect DG45FC with TV with HDMI cable. and i dont know will i have any HD sound with video.

help me please.

• 1. Re: HDMI question? Intel Original DG45FC Soc-775 iG45 DDRII mini-ITX SATA Audio 8ch+LAN+DVI-I+HDMI+RAID.
          jim5272

Firstly, Careful with the raid, try the setup this way, if your TV doesn't get past the Raid splash screen (Press Ctrl-I), turn off raid and go without.

To your question:

Yes you will have all the diferent modes of audio available over the HDMI cable to your tv, however unless you are using a tuner, your TV will only play using the 2 speakers, some tv's will simulate surround, but most don't.

A tuner with HDMI switching is really a great solution here, as most are fine with the raid screen, and they handle the 7.1 audio.

I use this same board in 2 different configurations:

1) HTPC --(hdmi)--> Marantz 5003 Tuner (7.1 speaker setup) --(hdmi)--> Visio TV  --- *** this setup is AMAZING! 

2) HTPC --(hdmi)--> Panasonic Plasma (2 speaker built in)   *** this setup had trouble with the RAID ROM but disabling Raid got me up and running. (use the Intel tool [aspect ratio] set at 60/60 to fix oversacan.

Hope this is helpful.