6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 4:32 PM by PabloM_Intel

Arduino 1.6.6 - Board Manager - Compiler warnings...

KurtE

I was just sort of wondering about the current plans for installing and updating the Edison (and Galileo) Arduino boards within the Arduino IDE.

In particular, One can install the latest Arduino IDE, in this case 1.6.6 and go into the board manager and install support for the Edison which is great.

However with the latest release of the IDE, every time, I build anything for any board, I get a set of warning from the Intel Hardware files.

So far I have been able to remove a few of them, by adding a couple of lines into the appropriate boards.txt files.

Example: in the Edisons board.txt file.  On my machine: C:\Users\Kurt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\boards.txt

I defined the board name to match what the warning message suggested:

izmir_ec.build.board=I686_IZMIR_EC

But I am still getting a few more errors:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
      Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

So just wondering if Intel was planning an update to the Arduino Install, that hopefully we can simply go to the board manager and click update.