Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 530 Right click lag, igfxsrvc.exe to blame??

NScho2
Novice

From what I have come up with, might be something to do with the context menu integration. Right click lag when clicking on the desktop, or within a file window will have a 5-10 second lag. Not when clicking on a file. Fresh install of Windows 10 Hardware as follows..

HP Envy 24 AIO n014

Intel i5-6400T

16Gb crucial balistix mem

dual monitor setup with HP 25cw

Details on attached screen shot. Any information, or things to try? Have updated to latest driver, etc. Thank you for any information or help!!! Video to follow

9 Replies
NScho2
Novice

Here's a short video demonstrating, sorry for the quality!! Only have bitdefender installed. Makes no difference if uninstalled. The issue is not apparent in safe mode.... !

0 Kudos
NScho2
Novice

Also Samsung 850 evo 256mb SSD... There should be no lag!! something software is going on....

0 Kudos
NScho2
Novice

To work around this, deleted

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxDTCM

and

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxcui

This removed the intel options from the contex menu, not a big deal, and the lag is gone.......

0 Kudos
NScho2
Novice

Nothing? No one experiencing this???

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello nrschoen,

Thank you for sharing your outcome.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
NScho2
Novice

I found a work around, but would like someone to have a look a whats going on. From my research, seems to be an issue that has been present before!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I tried to replicate the issue on several systems including deactivating the antivirus and accessing safe mode on Windows® 10 but the issue did no occur. Since you found a workaround that solved your issue we can monitor this thread in case other user joins the post.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
NScho2
Novice

Yeah, might be system specific. Will play around with it today, downgrade to go provided drivers, fresh installs and such. Thanks for looking into it!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You're welcome.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

0 Kudos