1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 11:49 AM by mark_h_@intel

Updated Intel PRO/1000 MT Driver for Server 2008 R2

Hello Intel,

Do you know when you will be releasing an updated Intel PRO 1000 MT Server NIC driver for Windows 2008 R2? Currently this NIC comes with an _in the box_ version on windows server 2008 R2 which is only which doesn't have ANS on this version, therefore you cannot team multiple NIC's. I believe version 14.7 is available for windows 2008 R2 on your other NIC adapters but not this one...I think a number of people have already requested this but not heard back from Intel?

• 1. Re: Updated Intel PRO/1000 MT Driver for Server 2008 R2

Unfortunately, no updated driver is planned for Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2 for that adapter. The only way you can team the NIC using our Windows Server 2008 R2 software is by adding the ports to a team you create using one of the newer PCI-Express NICs. If you have an available PCI-Express slot, you could add in a newer adapter and then create a team using ports from both of those adapters.

Although it is not supported, some users have reported success by installing the Windows Vista software by doing a manual driver install. I recall seeing seeing something on the work around using Vista drivers posted elsewhere in the Intel communities.