Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Which Intel Dual Band Wireless AC?

REhsa
Beginner

I recently purchased a Lenovo Z70-80 laptop with Win 8.1 that came with a Lenovo wireless ac + bluetooth card. I want to replace the card with an Intel Dual Band AC + Bluetooth. The Lenovo support team told me that I can do this (some of the same laptops were sold with the Intel card), and the FRU# (Field Replaceable Unit) for the card is 04X6076. My research online indicates that this number correlates to a

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

My questions are:

1. Am I correct that infact Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is correct part?
  2. If so, what is the full name, description and Intel part number?
  3. Are there any newer or upgraded cards that are fully compatible with this that I can use instead? BTW, I will be upgrading to Win 10 in near future.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
REhsa
Beginner

I did a little more research and seems that there are variations of Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. Apparently I need to get the one that is specifically designed to work with a Lenovo laptop (hence, the FRU# provided by Lenovo support team?). I'm guessing then that I need the Intel part# for the one that works with my Lenovo. Also, any ideas where to buy?

0 Kudos