8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 11:16 AM by caf480

Motherboard and processor

caf480

I have DG35EC board with an Intel 2 Quard processor rated for 32 bit and 64 bit. my question is if the system is running at 32 bit with Window 7 32 bit can I replace the hard drive with a new one and install Window 7 64 bit on the system?

• 1. Re: Motherboard and processor
          Aryan2411

Hello,

Yes it should work. I have different OS 32 bits and 64 bits on the same system. It works fine.

Do check whether the CPU does support Intel® 64.

Check the SL number for the CPU on ark.intel.com

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Motherboard and processor
            caf480

Yes my processor is for 32 bit or 64 bit, I replace the hard drive with a new hard drive and tried to install window 7 64 bit but it is asking for a boot disk. Should I reinstall the hard drive that was removed with window 7 32 bit and create a boot disk and then try again?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Motherboard and processor
              Tivaen

If you removed the hard drive then your computer has no OS. Once you install another (or new) hard drive just install your OS with the Windows 7 disk by booting off it (either 32 bit, or 64 bit as long as hardware supports it)

• 4. Re: Motherboard and processor
                caf480

Thank you,

I have an other problem, the system boot to this SELECT CD ROOM BOOT TYPE and there is no options. I boot with window 7 oem in the drive.

In the bios I selected cd-room but for some reason it always return to the normal setting.

Hope you can help.

• 5. Re: Motherboard and processor
                  Tivaen

Make sure you save the setting in the Bios when you exit. It won't do it automatically. When you reboot you should have a selection to press F11 or F12 (depends on motherbood) for the boot menu the select CD-Rom. You should see a message that says "Press any key to boot from CD-Rom" (some boards you will just see this message and not the boot menu). You have to do that pretty quick because it only shows that message for a few seconds.

• 6. Re: Motherboard and processor
                    caf480

Hello again,

I badly need someone's help, I have done everything I know how to get this thing to boot from the cd rom. I change the boot startup in the bios and made sure to save on exit, I check my cables, to the hard drive, the drive works,  the cd rom boot for a second and than I get this message SELECT CD ROM BOOT TYPE but there is no choice to select, I'm trying to install windows 7 64 bit oem, the processor is rated for the 64 bit system, my board is an Intel DG35EC with Intel core 2 duo processor 32 or 64 bit.

Thank you again

• 7. Re: Motherboard and processor
                      jgillett

I've seen that message before. Mine comes up as...

...after the select statement, just as above - no indications of what the 1 or 2 means. I just hit a 1 and it takes off from there.

FWIW...

• 8. Re: Motherboard and processor
                        caf480

Hello,

Thank you for your input, I finaly was able to get it to go.