I just tried to update my firmware with the latest available from intel. I created the CD and shutdown the computer and booted to the CD. The update CD runs and spits back the message, "no drives found". They are currently configured to be in raid 0. Do I need to remove them from raid before this will work?
Just do the following:
1. Enter the BIOS and set the SATA Controllers from "RAID" to "IDE" Mode (don't choose the "AHCI" Mode). Save the BIOS settings and reboot.
2. Boot off the SSD Firmware CD and flash the new Firmware onto both SSD's. The Firmware installer will find them.
3. Reboot again off the SSD Firmware CD just to let it certify, that the Firmware of both SSD's have been successfully updated.
4. Reboot, enter the BIOS and set the SATA Controllers back from "IDE" to "RAID" Mode. Save the BIOS settings and reboot.
5. Have fun with your RAID again.