Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

i3 5157u with iris 6100 underperfroming?

SPapa3
Novice

Hi,

I have recently bought a a new laptop with the iris 6100. I play a game called smite and checked the gameplay.intel website for the recommended settings. The problem is my laptop does not perform anywhere near the settings the website shows. I have 8 gig of ram and the laptop is HP Pavillion. Please advise.

Kind Regards

Stas

6 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello stas-21,

Could you please let us know the operating system that you're using?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SPapa3
Novice

Hi,

I'm using windows 10. Also for my graphics driver it would not let me install the 15.40 update, so I did a manual install to bypass that.

Regards

Stas

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

What's the Intel graphics version you're running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SPapa3
Novice

Hi,

The graphics driver version is 20.19.15.4300

I believe its the latest driver version.

Regards

Stas

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information.

Stas, let me test the game and I would let you know, I will be updating this thread.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello stas-21,

I downloaded the game and I ran several tests using the default settings and the recommended settings but the game ran flawlessly, there were no issues with performance. Could you please be more specific about the issue, let us know what happened when you played the game on default settings and on the recommended settings? Any extra details will help to narrow the issue.

Regards.

0 Kudos