1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 9:23 AM by allan_intel

IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW

MacNala

I have two machines which have IRST installed, they are different versions. (12.8.0.1-16 & enterprise 3.5.0.1092)

I am about to upgrade my machines to Windows 10 but remember the problems I had installing Windows 7.

How do I go about upgrading?

Installed machines

Motherboard ASUS P9X79LE with Intel Core i7 4930K @ 3.40GHz 32GB RAM.

Chipset Vendor Intel

Chipset Model Ivy Bridge-E

Chipset Revision 04

Southbridge Vendor Intel

Southbridge Model X79

Southbridge Revision 06

2x 2TB HDD in RAID 1 plus additional HDDs

• 1. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
          JFFulcrum

There is RSTe driver for Windows 10, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25393/Intel-RSTe-AHCI-SCU-Software-RAID-driver-for-Windows- , install it before upgrade (supports previous Windows as well).

• 2. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
            MacNala

I appreciate the reply and will proceed with the installation.

Are there installation instructions somewhere?

• 3. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
              JFFulcrum

Easiest way to upgrade driver is to unpack downloaded archive, go to GUI directory and run IATA_CD.exe, installer will do all things needed.

• 4. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                allan_intel

If you are looking for the Intel® Rapid Storage software, try this: File name: SetupRST.exe

Allan.

• 5. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                  MacNala

I have the previous version installed and operational and considering upgrading to the Windows 10 supported version either before or during upgrade.

Is it necessary ?

• 6. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                    allan_intel

I have tried both ways. At this stage, I recommend updating to the latest version.

Allan.

• 7. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                      MacNala

I have been successful with one of my machines the one which had the enterprise 3.5.0.1092 software.

I then tried the same on the other machine which had and still has 12.8.0.1-16 version.

It checked and said that the machine does no meet the minimum requirements for the update.

What do I need to do?

• 8. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                        JFFulcrum

Second machine is also based on ASUS P9X79LE ? What codebase selected for RAID in MB BIOS?

• 9. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                          MacNala

Yes, both the machines have ASUS P9X79LE motherboards.

The one that is complaining about not having the minimum requirements was purchased some time before the one that upgraded successfully.

The first September 2009 the second March 2014.

In both cases I installed the O/S from assets that I had as  a Microsoft partner.

The first gave me some difficulty getting the right RAID software the second was easier.

I do not know what you mean by "What codebase selected for RAID in MB BIOS?".

I will provide the details if I can understand what is required.

• 10. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                            MacNala

Can anyone help me with this problem.

Inability to update IRST on Windows 7 64bit SP1 system with an earlier version of the IRST product.

Error reported "the machine does not meet the minimum requirements for the update"

• 12. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                              MacNala

That was the version I tried and it gave the error message.

There was no indication of what the minimum requirement was that the machine did not meet.

Is there possibly some log made which would assist me?

• 13. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                                allan_intel

Log files are stored on C:\ root or local disk folder called Intel.

Allan.

• 14. Re: IRST Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 HOW
                                  MacNala

I have found the relevant log file for the attempted update.

There appears to be some missing information for my existing software installed on my system.

<q>

>>> 11/13/2015 20:20:21:177
                                  [Install Configuration]
                                    Installer Version: 1.3.27.0
                                    Compile date = Wed Jul 15 17:23:09 2015
                                    OS command line = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\setup.exe -IIFWrapped
                                    Effective command line = -IIFWrapped
                                    Windows Version = Windows 7 SP1
                                    Platform = 64 bit
                                    Core Version = 3.0.1 (IIF2++)
                                    System up time = 7672 sec
                                    Source: C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2
                                  [Languages]
                                    0401 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\ar-SA\setup.exe.mui
                                    0405 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\cs-CZ\setup.exe.mui
                                    0406 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\da-DK\setup.exe.mui
                                    0407 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\de-DE\setup.exe.mui
                                    0408 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\el-GR\setup.exe.mui
                                    0409 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\en-US\Setup.exe.mui
                                    0C0A - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\es-ES\setup.exe.mui
                                    040B - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\fi-FI\setup.exe.mui
                                    040C - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\fr-FR\setup.exe.mui
                                    040D - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\he-IL\setup.exe.mui
                                    040E - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\hu-HU\setup.exe.mui
                                    0410 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\it-IT\setup.exe.mui
                                    0411 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\ja-JP\setup.exe.mui
                                    0412 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\ko-KR\setup.exe.mui
                                    0414 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\nb-NO\setup.exe.mui
                                    0413 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\nl-NL\setup.exe.mui
                                    0415 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\pl-PL\setup.exe.mui
                                    0416 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\pt-BR\setup.exe.mui
                                    0816 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\pt-PT\setup.exe.mui
                                    0419 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\ru-RU\setup.exe.mui
                                    041D - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\sv-SE\setup.exe.mui
                                    041E - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\th-TH\setup.exe.mui
                                    041F - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\tr-TR\setup.exe.mui
                                    0804 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\zh-CN\setup.exe.mui
                                    0404 - C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Lang\zh-TW\setup.exe.mui
                                    User default LangID: 0x809
                                    User default UI language: 0x409
                                    Loaded language 0409
                                  [Checking requirements]
                                    Checking for admin rights
                                    Admin rights OK
                                    Checking OS
                                    OS check OK
                                    Checking .NET configuration
                                    Check Pass.  Found ID: 8 , Min ID: 4
                                    .NET check OK
                                  [Scanning drivers]
                                    Scanning drivers
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCI.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCIB.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorA.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorB.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCI.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCIB.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorA.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorB.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x32\iaStorS.inf
                                    Found INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x64\iaStorS.inf
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCI.inf
                                  *   Section <PackageInfo> Key <Sequence> not found in INF
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      ClassGUID = {4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCI
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Manufacturer = INTEL,NTx86.6.1
                                      Resolved Manufacturer = INTEL
                                  !   Error locating a device section. Skipping inf
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCIB.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCIB
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorA.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCI
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorB.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCIB
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCI.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCI
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Manufacturer = INTEL,NTamd64.6.1
                                      Resolved Manufacturer = INTEL.NTamd64.6.1
                                      Inf supports 64 bit.
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600 series chipset SATA AHCI Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&CC_0106
                                      Description: Intel(R) C220 series chipset SATA AHCI Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA AHCI Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D02&CC_0106
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1F22&CC_0106
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&CC_0106
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCIB.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCIB
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Inf supports 64 bit.
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset sSATA AHCI Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorB_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D62&CC_0106
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset sSATA AHCI Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorB_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1F32&CC_0106
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorA.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCI
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Inf supports 64 bit.
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA RAID Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_047D1014
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_04811014
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_04851014
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_11B61734
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201019E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201219E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201319E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201519E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201619E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201B19E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201D19E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_201F19E5
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_28228086
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_306E1054
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_72708086
                                      HardwareID = iaStorA_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&CC_0104
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorB.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = AHCIB
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Inf supports 64 bit.
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset sSATA RAID Controller
                                      HardwareID = iaStorB_inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2827&CC_0104
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x32\iaStorS.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = SCU
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                    [INF Info]
                                      INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x64\iaStorS.inf
                                      Date = 05/21/2015
                                      Version = 4.3.0.1198
                                      PackageInfo.Name = SCU
                                      PackageInfo.Sequence = 0
                                      Inf supports 64 bit.
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID Controller
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D60&CC_0107
                                      Description: Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID (SATA mode)
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D61&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D62&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D63&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D64&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D65&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D66&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D67&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D68&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D69&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6A&CC_0107
                                      HardwareID = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B&CC_0107
                                    Removed INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCI.inf
                                    Removed INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaAHCIB.inf
                                    Removed INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorA.inf
                                    Removed INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x32\iaStorB.inf
                                    Removed INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x32\iaStorS.inf
                                    Removed C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCI.inf
                                    Removed C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaAHCIB.inf
                                    Removed C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorA.inf
                                    Removed C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64\iaStorB.inf
                                    Removed C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win7\SCU\x64\iaStorS.inf
                                    Checking platform size
                                  !   Didn't find any INF's that match active hardware
                                  IIF will NOT initiate reboot
                                  Exit code = 0xA005
                                  ResultCode = 40965
                                  <<< 11/13/2015 20:20:41:567

/q>

How can I correct the situation and proceed with update?

1 2 Previous Next