Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

How to solve this problem "Display driver Intel HD graphics drivers for Windows 8(r) stopped responding.

JVill12
Beginner

screen turns black for a few second then returns to normal after a few seconds..

I've tried updating the driver i also tried formatting the unit still have that problem..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

Please fill out the following chart in order to know more from your issue

0 Kudos
MHasa5
New Contributor I

This happened to me in Windows 10 I fixed it by installing DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) then I went to safe mode and used the Display Driver uninstaller to wipe every display driver of INTEL or whatever display driver that causes that issue. Reboot. Install the display driver from manufacturer OR WINDOWS UPDATE if manufacturer one and windows update one same.

READ BEFORE DOING THIS:

1. Make sure you create a restore point if anything wrong happens
  2. If any more issues happen report back
  3. Also make sure you have latest drivers chipset updates and stuff
  4. This probably happened because a 3rd party driver is installed ( this was my case do not know how though a 3rd party driver was installed probably wrong drivers ) if you are in Windows 10 when it happens/happened it is most likely 3rd party driver
  5. If BSOD happens report back
  6. If more issues or errors happen report back then I will tell if you need to do system restore

Note:

I am no longer on Windows 10 since of lots of driver issues and stuff I am back on Windows 8.1

But this definitely fixed my problem

Also Threshold 2 is coming out INTEL on Windows 10 I hope you guy make fixes for display driver issues people are having by them

0 Kudos