1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 2:37 PM by Intel_Peter

install packages from smart repository

falak.desai@yahoo.com

hello everyone,

I have installed smart package manager from Alex T's repository,  but I cannot download any package from there.
      It always shows   " -sh: smart: command not found "  

So what should I do to start installing packages from there ?

• 1. Re: install packages from smart repository
          Intel_Peter

Hello falak.desai@yahoo.com,

I tried to look for which package you downloaded from the AlexT's repo, so did a quick look for all packages with the word smart in it. I used the command "opkg list | grep smart". These are all the results it displayed:

perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 - perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart  perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart

python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-backend-rpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-dbg - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Debugging files  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-dev - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Development files  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-doc - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Documentation files  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and

python-smartpm-interface-images - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-locale-de - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - de translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-es-es - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - es_ES translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-fr - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - fr translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-hu - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - hu translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-it - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - it translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-pt-br - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - pt_BR translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-ru - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - ru translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-sv - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - sv translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-cn - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_CN translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-tw - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_TW translations  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable

smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager  The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating  smart and portable algorithms for

So I believe that leaves us with three possibilities, perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 (which I doubt it is), python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and smartpm - 1.4.1-r9. Of those three, which one did you choose?

I personally installed the last option smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and looks to be working just fine. If you still have issues with the package, why don't you try building it from source? You can find the source in https://labix.org/smart.

Peter.