2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 6:53 AM by MrSigma

AC7260 freeze computer with bluetooth

MrSigma

Hi,

I have some strange issue with my AC7260 and a bluetooth device. I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (Logitech K810 and MX master) and when i'm using my computer every 10 or so minutes the screen freeze completely for 5 seconds. It's just the screen because I can still ear the sound of a video for example. The display still the same for 5 second as I said.

I have the latest drivers from Intel and both of my Bluetooth devices. I tried using another keyboard and mouse and everything worked fine. That's why I know that the problem really come from the AC7260. By the way, the wifi works perfectly, it's just a problem with the Bluetooth

When I bought my PC the wireless adapter was a Intel 6235N but I bought a 7260 last year. I don't think that can cause the problem but I mention it anyway

Here is my config:

• Sony Vaio SVS1511C5E
      • Intel Core i7 3612QM
      • 8 gigs of RAM
      • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
      • NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE

Thank's in advance

• 1. Re: AC7260 freeze computer with bluetooth
          jonathan_intel

Hello MrSigma,

We would like to mention that Installing or upgrading the various Intel® Wireless Adapters by end users is not supported by Intel. The end user is not authorized to install these wireless adapters. They can only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative.

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 that you have installed may not be fully compatible with your system, so we cannot guarantee that it will operate correctly.

In our best effort, here are some important aspects to consider:

- What process did you use to replace the adapter? It is better to remove old drivers (WiFi and bluetooth) before installing the new adapter, otherwise, the old software/drivers may cause unexpected behavior after the swap.

- You may do a clean install of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows* and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows*. Removing the Programs and deleting the drivers before installing the latest version available for your OS version.

Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

- Use Intel® Driver Update Utility to check and install drivers for other Intel components in your system.

• 2. Re: AC7260 freeze computer with bluetooth
            MrSigma

Hi,

Ï dit the clean install of both of the bluetooth and wifi software. I uninstalled the older with revo unintaller, restart, permorm a scan with ccleaner, remove the drivers

from the gestionnaire de périphérique, install the latest drivers (first wireless then bluetooth).

I used the Intel Driver Update utility and there is someting strange in the result of the scan. I don't know if it's normal but I have 2 devices for the bluetooth as it is show

in the scrennshot.

The other strange thing I see is that I installed the 17.xx software for the bluetooth but it is writted as 18.2.0.9 (which is the wireless) software. Is it normal or not?

Thanks for your respond.