3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2015 10:57 PM by musicman

D:/ is not accessible.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

musicman

I have a raid 0 array. The D:/ drive gets this message D:/ is not accessible.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. I did chkdsk D:/r. It says the drive is healthy.. array optimal and all drives are working .I can access data if I open a program and open a recent file that is on that drive. Everytime I start the computer it wants to scan D drive. Can I fix this?

• 1. Re: D:/ is not accessible.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
          JFFulcrum

Looks like autorun-type virus infection. Is D; driver accessible by dir commands from command line interface?

• 2. Re: D:/ is not accessible.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
            musicman

I scanned the drive with malwarebytes and it found nothing, although a bunch of fatal erreor come up with unreadable sectors in the Web 2 console.

I can access data on the drive if I open a program and open a recent file that was on the D drive.CrystalDisk does not find the drive. Device manager says all drives are working.

The web 2 console says the predictive failure is 0 and that the drive and raid array is healthy/optomal. I tried chkdsk D:/f and r . That also finds the unreadable sectors but does not repair anything.

I looked up the auto run virus info and I got these instructions

How to Delete autorun.inf on hard drive of a PC

• Start the PC in safe mode
            • Open the command prompt
            • You will come across all these files mentioned below, go ahead and delete all these files.

%System%\config\csrss.exe
            %WinDir%\media\arona.exe
            %System%\logon.bat
            %System%\config\autorun.inf
            C:\autorun.inf
            D:\autorun.inf
            E:\ autorun.inf
            F:\autorun.inf
            autorun.inf files in all drives.

• Open the registry editor to delete the parameters that are mentioned below

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
            DisableTaskMgr = 1
            [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
            NoFolderOptions = 1
            [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
            “Worms” = “%System%\logon.bat”

• Restart your computer
            • Thanks for your help
            • 3. Re: D:/ is not accessible.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
              musicman

Looks like I fixed it! The computer got to the point where it was freezing on the startup screen. So I had to boot from the disk. Then did a repair windows.It started up but still wanted to scan D which I cancelled. Then did a system restore to a week ago. It restarted but said system restore did not work. When I clicked to open the D drive though it opened with all of the files. I will back up immediately.

Thanks for your help.