I would like to mention that in this type of issue, the main source for support would be the Computer Manufacturer Support. Since the adapter had been working fine previously, but it is not detected properly anymore.
In our best effort, here are some initial recommendations and troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check in Windows Device Manager, Network Adapters, and look for your Wireless adapter. If it is shown, confirm the driver version and status. If it is not detected, look for any unknown devices in device manager.
- Were there any recent changes applied to the computer? (driver updates, hardware changes, etc.)
- Was this the original adapter that came with your computer? If it was, download the latest driver available from the Dell and attempt to install it
* You might want to uninstall Intel® PROset/Wireless Software, and the driver in device manager before installing the new version.
- What is the exact model of your Wireless Adapter, and the driver version shown in device manager?
If you require further assistance, please let us know the information requested, and the results of the actions mentioned above.