3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 8:28 AM by ivanu_intel

NUC5I5RYK occasionally not responding to mouse click

CorJ

The brand new Logitech B100 optical mouse (with cord) didn't function at all - connected to new NUC5I5RYK with Windows 10, Samsung EVO 850 SSD and Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x 4GB 1866MT/s: terrible lag all over.

My old Logitech optical mouse (PIN 810-001369, M/N M-U0017) with cord which I'm working with now, is functioning nearly OK. Nearly, as the system is not responding to about one in thirty left clicks (straight click as well as drag-click). Windows 10 indicates that the latest mouse driver has been installed.

I do not want to meddle with BIOS (e.g. putting the USB ports to 2.0 and losing speed backing up the system on an external HDD).

I'm very happy with my NUC in many respects (great sound quality, to mention one), but this is a nuisance.

Is there a solution to this issue?

• 1. Re: NUC5I5RYK occasionally not responding to mouse click
          ivanu_intel

Hello CorJ,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I’m sorry for the problems you have had with this system.

Have you install all of the drivers in your system, the Intel® chipset driver and the Intel® management engine driver

Also, try installing the latest Intel® Graphics Driver.

Did your system worked fine before or you have this problem from the beginning?

Make sure you have Windows up to date.

Try using other keyboard/mice. You can see the list for the tested ones with this NUC here:

Intel® NUC Boards and Kits — Tested Peripherals

Make sure you have legacy boot enabled in the BIOS.

About the Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel® NUC that you mention, that problem was related with Windows 7 and not with Windows 10, once you install Windows 10 the USB 3.0 driver will be install as well and you will not have any problems with 3.0 USB. You don’t need to go to last known good configuration with Windows 10 as it mentions on the links you provided because that problem is not related Windows 10 it is about Windows 7.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: NUC5I5RYK occasionally not responding to mouse click
            CorJ

Thank you ivanu_intel!

With some shame: it may be that it was entirely my own fault:

1. Overlooked (so not being used to) the changed title+menu-bar in Windows 10: all white, so that it is easy to mistakenly mouse-click just beneath the responding bar zone...

2. Possibly a mouse pad issue.

If still dead clicks will occur, I'll try installing the latest drivers you mention above. Only if the problem would persist even then, I'll come back here to notify you.

I'm very happy with my NUC

Best regards,

CorJ

PS The malfunctioning of the new Logitech B100 optical mouse (with cord) remains unclear to me. I shall try some other USB mouses  when necessary (as for now, my old mouse will do fine).
            Alas the Intel list of tested peripherals is rather outdated: many products on the list are out of stock and will not return to the market. Perhaps Intel can update this page?

• 3. Re: NUC5I5RYK occasionally not responding to mouse click
              ivanu_intel

Hello CorJ,

Thank you for letting us know about that information and for the feedback about the outdated website.

If you need anything else please let me know and I will be more than glad to assist you!

Thank you!