4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 3:57 PM by ricardog_intel

i7-2630 qm - speed boost 2.9 GHz question

HaxXxorZ

HI everyone,

Basically what I want to know is why I can't run games on my notebook.

MSI gt780DX;

i7-2630 qm 2 GHz;

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7970M

Most games run smoothly with no problems at all. But then game like GTA V which is new or Warhammer Vermintide, both auto set the graphic options to high/ultra and when I start them graphic is perfect as it should be but gameplay is laggy, sometimes when there is a lot of moving objects on the screen and sometimes when I just stand idly, so there is no pattern here.

So i downloaded the IntelTurboBoost Monitor 2.6. It's always on top but it doesn't show the usage of the processor for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (can't figure out if there is something to be done incorrectly) so what it does is on the left side there is my processor with the blue bar that should be showing the usage but its always on the bottom, on the right side there is a green leaf with energy saver - don't know if it can be disabled/changed. And no matter what game/program i run it always stays on 0 or low or just at the bottom with the blue bar not moving at all.

Also I found that my processor is capable of running 2.9 GHz (Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 2.90 GHz) Specifications)

So my question is:

How come TurboBoost monitor doesn't show the usage of the processor, and how can I check if it uses turbo boost to go up to 2.9 GHz.

And if anyone has answers why what I described about games is happening? - maybe it's not the processor fault?

I used new and old drivers for graphic card and the results are always the same.

P.S. I know my notebook is old and maybe it's just that. But I just want to know for sure.

Thanks in advance for any help