1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 12:38 PM by Amy_Intel

Screen flickering/static and graphics driver failing/recovering help

kylec123

For the past week or more I have been having problems with my LCD screen for my laptop flickering/changing random colors/lines appearing/flickering, etc.  Originally, I thought my battery was shot and was causing power loss to the lcd.  I guess that was not the case since a battery replacement did not help.

Now for the last couple days ive been getting errors saying my display drivers have stopped responding and have recovered. 

I honestly dont know that much when it comes to Intel drivers/products/etc.  Here are my stats: (Also, this might not be enough data to work with, just let me know if anything else is needed)

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 with installed driver version 9.17.10.4229

i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHZ x8 with installed driver version 6.1.7600.16385

Now, I've tried the driver update software.  It tells me to download:

Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility-exe only)-10.0.27

Intel Proset/Wireless software and drivers (Windows 7/8/8.1, 64 bit) for legacy adapters (6200/6230) -15.17.0.1

When I try to download the first one, it says it was successful in the window that comes up initially, but says failed in the update utility client. 

The second one when I try to download, it says "Installation Blocked: This version cannot update from the older product.  Please uninstall the older product manually"

So, my initial thought to just update my drivers isn't helping.   I would love to get some help with this as my computer is almost unusable sometimes.