9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 10:20 AM by ivanu_intel

Black Screen On Booting sequence or after inactivity

DimitrisP

I have recently configured the following:

1x Intel BOXNUC5I7RYH

1x HyperX Impact 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)1600 MHz DDR3L CL9 SODIMM Notebook Memory Kit - Black

1x Samsung MZVPV256HDGL-00000 - SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive

1x Samsung M9T 2TB 9.5mm SATA 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive

The above is connected to a TFT monitor via its VGA port by using the following adapter (miniDV to VGA).

1x [DP V1.2 Version/4Kx2K] VicTsing Mini Displayport (Mini DP) Thunderbolt to HDMI & VGA & DVI TV HDTV Video Cable Converter Premium ABS Case Compatible for Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, Microsoft Surface pro 1 2 3, Thinkpad Carbon X1 series - Black

Sometimes the computer starts normally but many times it does not. When I press the start button the PC starts but nothing appears on the screen (no signal). I cannot even see the BIOS booting screen. Most of the times I have to shut down the PC, disconnect it from the power by removing the power cable and wait for a few minutes. Then if I try it works.

A normal reboot does not help.

The computer has the latest drivers and software patches from the INTEL and Microsoft website. It runs Windows 10 Professsional (clean installation NOT an upgrade). It has the latest BIOS 350.

Is there a solution to this very expensive configuration choice?